Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Indian Giver.

the cold ravaged my sleep
and disappointment crept into view

flow of thoughts could not have been timely
as a sure tell silence seemed only fit

you breathe dominance on my neck
but I do not crumble in my state

I found purpose in simple connection
Yet you mock at my gains

And blow smoke in the face of this little kinder 
you once pretended to hold so tender

Short lived and lifeless it was
A sure waste of vibrancy and lace

Abrasive word play was your armor 
But your shield it felt second hand

Hope who was perched on my soul
Had flown away but was quick to return

Because, you see, when she breaks...
She re-fashions the lyrics to "Just Like a Woman"

so my end of the bargain was gingerly met
considering for every action there lives an equal

experience alone at last was a true and beautiful release
providence enough, someone genuine was not far behind 

when I awoke the bed was warmer with no one in it
and a drive home quickly became a reflecting pool 

cordially I concluded that there was no better match
for sniffles the clown, than a wobbly circus waif...

and that I make fucking phenomenal lemonade.
                                                          -me

No comments: