Friday, September 12, 2008

Tut Tut it looks like rain...

Which on the road makes for even slower internet. I'm in transit from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque. Feeling pretty sluggish today I blame the rain, oktoberfest ale and pretzels with beer cheese. It's not part of the diet but since when do I follow rules?
Oh and the rain... So, I'm doing the normal scouting for new music by fumbling around on myspace and imeem when I stumbled across some new Ani Difranco. Although, I can barely listen to her anymore it brought me back to the memories of my personal first wave of feminism. It was Me Camille and the world. We ransacked Cat's Music and McKay's used bookstore regularly, so to speak. Ani won me over when she said "my pussy is a tractor" we had to rewind it three times over to be sure but it was what we had thought we heard.
I sampled the new album and I didn't find it the slightest bit arousing. But I still hold a special place in my heart for that woman. And songs such as "Both Hands", "32 Flavors", and "Shy".

Since we are talking new music it looks as though Devin the Dude is about to drop another album on October 7th and I cannot wait. It's about time I fall in love with some new hip-hop again I've been losing faith lately.
I also having a feeling that Outkast is cooking up something good or a prayer at least. 2009 eh.

No comments: